Please translate X./Will you translate X?
Where’s chapter X from Y that you do?
When will it be released?
When it’s done.
Give a rough/kind of an/just some ETA.
This is a spoiler, if you don’t want to be spoilered don’t read any further […] / I’ve heard that […] / In the latter chapters […]
Don’t spoil. It doesn’t matter whether seriously or stupidly.
No spoilers about anything anywhere! Spoilers meaning any story-related information that goes beyond the chapter you’re commenting at. There’s a thin line between spoilers and guessing.
- Volume translation: We do not translate series. Instead, we work on a volume-by-volume basis. This means that if we do not explicitly announce the translation of a followup volume, then we do not have any plans to do so.
- Quality over quantity: We refuse to sacrifice quality for quantity. You will have to either wait for us to release once our work has reached a level we’re satisfied with, or force the translation through Google Translation yourself. Alternatively – God forbid – learn Japanese/Chinese.
- When will X be released?: When it’s done.™
- Deadlines: As the above policy states, we don’t do deadlines and we won’t give explicit ETAs either. A release is done when it’s done, whether that takes us a week or a year.
- “Quality? This reads like crap.”: Glad to hear it. We love nothing more than to hear that you think you can do better, but aren’t willing to contribute. (If you are, well then, that’s a different matter. Apply!) As much as we might emphasize quality, please keep in mind that no one involved here does this professionally, and we recognize our limitations as much as anyone. We may not be perfect, but we are trying, and are confident that you’d be hard pressed to find work of a higher quality in this amateur scene.
- Is it dropped?: Nothing is dropped unless we’ve said so.
- We’re a team: If isolating yourself in a dark cell while you translate sounds like something you’d enjoy, then you’re probably better off without us. We value and encourage teamwork and “being all cozy together.”
- Project suggestions: You are allowed to make recommendations for new projects. Do expect, however, that 95% of the time your suggestion will be turned down. We’re busy people and a willingness to add on to that workload is unlikely at best.
- ePUB/PDF creation: We do our own ePUBs/PDFs, but feel free to share your versions; we don’t mind. Please don’t forget to credit us, though.
- Baka-Tsuki/External hosting: Please don’t go and post our stuff someplace else. If we want to do so, we’ll do it ourselves.
- Questions/comments/miscellanea: This site comes with a comment function.
- Series X got licensed: If one of our series gets licensed by a company that plans to release it in English, we will delete our respective content without warning. We encourage and support light novel licensing and won’t wait for a C&D just so that you can leech for free. Comments which then aim to help those who still want to leech it for free will be deleted without warning. As stated, we support the licensing.
- Can I do a PDF/ePUB/whatever of X? Sure, just credit us somewhere in that file and go ahead. And be so kind to post it here, so that our readers get something out of it, too.